PhotoFlash Issue #1
UPDATE: The first PhotoFlash issue is now CLOSED FOR QUERIES/SUBMISSIONS. 13 great ideas were received, and so, that’s the number we’re going to go with for the first photo prompt issue.
The following are images to be used as prompts for the upcoming PhotoFlash fiction issue.
I’m debating about making this issue the yearly contest issue, or trying to pay all the authors a little something for this one…sorry to say it might not be much.
Here’s how it will work:
- Authors, peruse this gallery of images.
- Find one image that resonates with the speculative fiction author inside you, that gets your Muse jumping for glory!
- Send me an email to email@example.com telling me which image you have chosen and briefly tell me your story idea. It can be a short outline, or a paragraph or two, or a couple of lines. It shouldn’t be too long since the stories themselves will only be 1000 words, or a little over. Stories written must be original. NO REPRINTS.
- The green light from me to begin. I’m going to be picky for this one, but not too picky. Still, you’ll only get a “no” from me if the idea is a) fanfic; b) your synopsis is poorly written; or c) your story idea may be offensive to a reader.
- If a green light is given for a particular image, that image will be removed from the gallery.
- Write your story. Flash stories are 751-1000 words. No poetry for this one. Sorry.
- Send in your story. Please send in Word doc. format. If you don’t have word, you can paste your story into the body of the email.
- Please include a short bio and a pic to accompany your bio (you can opt out of either, but you have to let me know that you opt out).
- Edits, if necessary
Please send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I’m looking to publish a short issue for this one, about 10-to-15 stories. My general hope is that I can afford to pay all authors something for this one, even if it is just five bucks. Thus, the pickiness.
The images begin below.
The number of queries has been met for the first PhotoFlash issue. The unused images have been archived for possible later use.
PROMPTS IN PROGRESS:
PHOTOFLASH #1 HAS BEEN PUBLISHED!!