The following are images to be used as prompts for the upcoming PhotoFlash fiction issue.
I’m debating about making this issue the yearly contest issue, or trying to pay all the authors a little something for this one…sorry to say it might not be much.
Here’s how it will work:
- Authors, peruse this gallery of images.
- Find one image that resonates with the speculative fiction author inside you, that gets your Muse jumping for glory!
- Send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org telling me which image you have chosen and briefly tell me your story idea. It can be a short outline, or a paragraph or two, or a couple of lines. It shouldn’t be too long since the stories themselves will only be a thousand words.
- The green light from me to begin. I’m going to be picky for this one, but not too picky. Still, you’ll only get a “no” from me if the idea is a) fanfic; b) your synopsis is poorly written; or c) your story idea may be offensive to a reader.
- If a green light is given for a particular image, that image will be removed from the gallery.
- Write your story.
- Send in your story.
- Edits, if necessary
Please send any questions to email@example.com.
I’m looking to publish a short issue for this one, about 10-to-15 stories. My general hope is that I can afford to pay all authors something for this one, even if it is just five bucks. Thus, the pickiness.
The images begin below.
Image #26, photo by Maria Kelly